What is Xanax Bars?
In Today’s world, teenagers have insecurity and anxiety and pressure of their future career and all other the social expectation, so there are many reasons teenagers get in touch with drugs either to “fit it” or how to get out of the pressure or insecurity whichever they face in the world and however which leads to the addiction to drugs. Xanax Bars is an anti-anxiety drug with the generic name: alprazolam and which is Benzodiazepine, that is used to treat anxiety and panic-related disorders and stress caused by depression or pressure, Xanax controls the brain and central nervous system to get cool down, it works by enhancing GABA, GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between nerve cells in the brain. Xanax can also relieve the suffering of panic attacks and sleep disorders; it comes in several types of strengths.
Types of Xanax Bars:
- The White Xanax bar of 2 mg imprinted with as “XANAX” and “2” on the two different sides of the bar, also have three divisions so that the pills can be broken into 4 equal pieces of 0.25 mg, which is supplied by Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group.
- The Green Xanax bar of 2 mg imprinted as “S903” on the one side of the bar, also have two divisions so that the pills can be broken into three equal pieces of 0.66 mg, which is supplied by Dava Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- The Yellow Xanax bar of 2 mg imprinted with as “R039” on the one side of the bar and they also have three divisions so that pills can be broken into 4 equal pieces of 0.25 mg, which is supplied by Actavis Pharma, Inc.
Some slang used for terms Xanax bar includes “sticks”, “planks”, “bricks”, “bars”, “Zbars”, “Handlebars”, “totem poles” and “zanies”.
How to use it?
Xanax is prescribed by doctors only, follow the instructions directed by the prescription label and your doctor. Never use alprazolam in a large amount or for a longer period than prescribed. Consult your doctor if you feel like the medicine isn’t working accordingly on your problems or symptoms. Xanax is never shared with another person especially someone who is addicted to drugs or drug abusers. The excessive use of medicine can cause addiction, overdose, or death.
Don’t stop using medicine suddenly it could cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Store Xanax at home temperature away from moisture and heat. You must be doing your medical check out while you are using this medicine for long term
Side effects and overdose of Xanax:
- Difficulty in Speaking
- Memory Problems
- Extreme Sleepiness
- Problem with Coordination.
Missed dose or Overdose cases:
If you have missed a dose then as soon as you got to know, take the dose. And skip the dose if it is almost the time of your next scheduled dose.
If you have taken an overdose and you noticed the symptoms that confusion, muscle weakness, loss of balance, feeling light-headed, or painting, call your doctor immediately, as excessive use of alprazolam can lead to coma or death.
Important information while using Xanax:
- Avoid driving or be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase the effect of it otherwise it could cause a dangerous side effect.
- Avoid Grapefruit and grapefruit juice as it could lead to an unwanted side effect, so discuss it with your doctor about that.
- Use of Xanax with other drugs you are taking for any other allergy or disease that should be consulted with a doctor.
- Avoid the use of Xanax if you are pregnant as it could cause defects or any threatening symptoms in a new-born.
- Xanax is not approved for use by anyone younger than 18-year-old.
Remember, keep your medicines out of reach of children never share your medicine with others, and use Xanax only for or when you are prescribed.
Always consult your doctor to check the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances contact your doctor for medical advice about the side effects.