What is an Ativan 2mg?
The generic name of Ativan 2mg is Lorazepam. Ativan belongs to the group called benzodiazepines. It is used for the treatment of anxiety disorder and anxiety disorder. It works by affecting the chemical of the brain, which may be unbalanced in people due to anxiety. It also enhances the amount of Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA). It affects the central nervous system and produces calming effects.
How to take and use Ativan?
Consider these points while taking or using Ativan.
- Always read the medicine guideline carefully to avoid any risk.
- Consume this drug as directed by the doctor.
- In case of any confusion or questions regarding the medicine or dosages, contact your doctor immediately.
- Consume Ativan with or without food as directed by your doctor.
- To get most of the benefits of Ativan, take this medicine regularly and at the same time.
- Do not suddenly stop the consumption of medicine because it may result in withdrawal symptoms like vomiting, headache, etc.
- To reduce the risk of addiction and abuse, consume this medicine as directed by your doctor.
What are the side effects of Ativan 2mg?
Side effects of the Ativan are as follows-:
- Stomach pain
- Black, tarry stools
- Bleeding gums
- Blood in the urine
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Difficulty with speaking
- Increased thirst
- Shallow breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- White spots in the mouth
- Stiffness of the limbs
- Unusual tiredness
- Vomiting of blood
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Ativan 2mg. If you observe these side effects in you or someone else, then immediately contact your, doctor, for medical attention.
Some side effects of Ativan do not need medical attention as they go away with time as your body adjusts with the treatment. Your doctor will tell you the ways to reduce the risk of the side effects.
What are the symptoms of an overdose of the Ativan?
The condition of overdose arises when the person consumes more than the prescribed medicine.
Symptoms of overdose of Ativan 2mg are
- Changes in patterns of speech
- Increased sweating
- Loss of strength or energy
- Shakiness and unsteady walk
- Slurred speech
- Trouble speaking
- Unusual drowsiness
- Feeling of sluggishness
- Unusual excitement
- Unusual paleness
- Unusual weak feeling
To avoid the risk of overdose, always follow the instruction of your doctor.
What are the precautions while taking Ativan?
Below are some points of precautions that you should consider to avoid the risk to your health.
- Read the warning section of the medicine carefully.
- If you have any problem with Ativan or any of its components, then tell your doctor immediately.
- Do not take this medicine with alcohol or any other alcoholic substance.
- Keep this medicine in a safe place.
- Do not give your medicine to someone else.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history like any mental problem, depression, mood swings, blood pressure-related problem, etc.
- Do not suggest this medicine to the pregnant lady.