Fioricet 40mg is a hard gelatin capsule that comes for oral administration. Each pill of Fioricet contains the following active ingredients:
Buy Fioricet 40mg online for the treatment of tension headaches caused due to muscle contraction. It consists of a fixed combination of butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine. The role of all the three ingredients is different, and all of them work in the human brain to reduce headaches caused due to muscle contraction. Butalbital present in the Fioricet 40mg is a barbiturate that works in the central nervous system to help manage tension headaches.
It relaxes muscle contractions involved in causing a tension headache. Acetaminophen is a non-opioid pain reliever that reduces fever and alleviates pain. Caffeine is a sedative that stimulates the human central nervous system that likewise relaxes muscle contractions that take place in the brain’s blood vessels to improve the flow of the blood.
Uses Fioricet 40mg
The primary uses of Fioricet include the management and treatment of:
- Tension headaches
Warnings Fioricet 40mg
Buy Fioricet 40mg online and use it carefully as the medication can cause several dangers. Following are the warnings associated with the use of Fioricet:
- Do not use Fioricet medication to take an MAO inhibitor or have taken it in the past 14 days. An interaction may occur that can be life-threatening. These inhibitors include linezolid, rasagiline, phenelzine, and isocarboxazid.
- Do not take Fioricet pills if you have a known allergy to any of the medication’s active or inactive ingredients.
- Fioricet 40mg is a medicine that contraindicates in people with porphyria, using sedatives, tranquilizers, alcohol, or any opioid medication.
- The medication is also contraindicated in people with several medical conditions such as kidney disease, liver disease, cirrhosis, alcohol abuse, sleep apnea, asthma, breathing disorder, stomach bleeding or ulcer, a history of skin rash, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts.
- It is still unknown whether Fioricet medication will harm an unborn baby if you use it in the period of pregnancy. However, if used continuously during pregnancy, medicine can cause dependence in the newborn baby.
- Fioricet 40mg has acetaminophen and butalbital. Both of these ingredients pass into human breast milk and may harm the nursing infant.
Side Effects of Fioricet 40mg
In case of an allergic reaction caused by the use of Fioricet medication, you should get emergency help from a certified medical professional. The signs of which include hives, trouble breathing, swelling of your face, lips, throat, or tongue.
In rare cases of acetaminophen allergy, medicine can cause a fatal skin reaction. This type of response could even occur when you previously had acetaminophen with no reactions. Immediately stop taking Fioricet pills and contact a medical professional if you experience skin rash or redness, spreading to cause blistering and peeling.
There can also be some other severe side effects of using Fioricet 40mg, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Lightheadedness or passing out
- Upper stomach pain
Common Fioricet 40mg side effects include:
- Drunk feeling
- Feeling anxious
- Sleep problems
Use Fioricet 40mg medication exactly as prescribed or as listed on the medication dosing information. Do not use the medicine in larger or smaller amounts than recommended. Never take higher doses of Fioricet than prescribed, as this may cause an overdose. Overdosing acetaminophen can cause severe liver damage, leading to death.
Butalbital is a habit-forming substance, and taking it in higher doses or for longer durations can cause addiction. Take Fioricet pills with food or milk if it upsets your stomach. Otherwise, you can opt to take it with or without milk or food.
The patient should never take a missed dose of Fioricet 40mg with their next dose as combining two doses can cause a life-threatening overdose.
Fioricet 40mg with codeine
A combination of acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine also comes with codeine. This combination medication is known as Fioricet 40mg with codeine, and doctors prescribe it to treat migraines. It is an FDA-approved medicine for the treatment of tension, headaches, and migraines.
Fioricet 40mg overdose symptoms
Fioricet, like other medications, can cause an overdose. Most people get overdose symptoms when taking it in larger amounts, more than 40mg per day or 40mg at once. Sensitive people to this medication can overdose on small concentrations of it.
Some Fioricet 40mg overdose symptoms include:
- Panic states
- Depressed mood
Contact the certified Poison Control Center at helpline no. 1-800-222-1222, in case of overdose on Fioricet 40mg.
Withdrawal side effects of Fioricet 40mg
Using Fioricet for the long-term is not considered safe as taking more time in large doses develops a tolerance to this medication in the user’s body. You can take Fioricet every day for a short-term period, but if you take it for a longer period and when stopping it, you will experience some unwanted withdrawal reactions (rebound headache). Other withdrawal symptoms include:
- Strong cravings to use it
- Liver damage
- Panic attacks
- Excessive sedation
What to avoid
This medication can cause an interaction when used along with other drugs and prescription medication.
Avoid using the following medication that may interact with Fioricet include:
- Acetaminophen containing medication
- Antidepressants medicine
- Opioid medications
Avoid drinking alcohol or taking any illegal drugs recreationally while taking Fioricet because it may enhance the hepatotoxic effect of acetaminophen.
Fioricet 40mg impaired with the ability of driving; you should avoid driving a car when you recently take this medication. Also, avoid doing a hazardous activity or going to places with height as you may feel dizzy while you are on it.