On average, more than 30% of the United States adults have an anxiety disorder at some point in their lives, and it’s effortless to feel lonely when you have Anxiety. To overcome Anxiety, the best way is to get to the root of the problem, and Anxiety is all the same. Anxiety is nothing but an increased stress response; people going through Anxiety react to triggers many people would not. It could be a thing just as small as picking up a call and even getting up for an event.
Anxiety originates from one’s low self-esteem, people who especially doubt their abilities or are very nervous about making some decisions by themselves.
Although it would be wrong to say that only lack of self-esteem is the only cause of Anxiety, sometimes it could be one’s fear that can trigger reactions and cause Anxiety to kick in. For instance, for a claustrophobic person, it is very easy for his/her Anxiety to kick in when he/she gets stuck in an elevator.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is often a healthy emotion, but when a person feels a misappropriate level of Anxiety daily, then it becomes a mental disorder. Anxiety is a feeling and emotion. Feeling of tension, loneliness, frustration, irritation, anger comes under Anxiety.
What are the anxiety symptoms?
- Increased heart rate
- Trouble concentration
- Sleep problems
- Tense muscles
What are the Causes of Anxiety?
After several types of research, it is hard to find any particular reason for anxiety disorder. It causes some chemical changes in the brain, external environment stress, etc.
Some causes of Anxiety is:
- Financial stress
- Stress from a serious medical illness
- High altitude sickness
- Pulmonary embolism
- A blood clot in the lung
- Stress disorders
What are the risk factors of Anxiety?
There are many factors that increase the chance of Anxiety. These factors are-:
- Alcohol or drugs
- Stress due to an illness
What are the complications of Anxiety?
Having Anxiety can make your mental and physical condition worse. The complication in Anxiety are-:
- Trouble sleeping
- Poor quality of life
- Chronic pain
- Digestive problems
- Social isolation
How can you prevent Anxiety?
If anyone or you are suffering from Anxiety, you need to get in touch with a mental health specialist. However, there is no specific or particular treatment for Anxiety; there are some points or tips which will help you to decrease the symptoms of Anxiety.
The points of prevention are-:
- Take time out for yourself every day- every 20-30 minutes of activity that gives you pleasure helps reduce Anxiety.
Interrupt hyperventilation- it helps in removing the dizziness
- Keep an anxiety journal- try to keep the record of the activity, which causes less Anxiety or more Anxiety
- Take care of your body- try to maintain a balanced diet, including proteins, multivitamins, carbohydrates, etc.
- Reduce a hectic schedule- try to discard all the unnecessary tasks from your daily routine and try to do something productive
What are the types of Anxiety?
Usually, there are five types of Anxiety.
Panic disorder- it comes under a panic attack. Under this, you have breathing difficulty; you will think you are about to die..
- Social anxiety disorder- is also known as social phobia. In this, a person cannot come out of his/her house in the fear the others will judge him, and a person will avoid social meetings and gatherings.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)- It happens due to over-thinking about every day.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) causes repeated and unwanted thought, which creates hindrance in everyday life.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)- the main reason for post-traumatic stress disorder is that you face something shocking, severely affecting your world.